Saturday, October 24, 2009

Celebrate.... Or something like that.

So yesterday I spend the whole day dealing with middle school ethnic teens. We did a "Celebrate Your Future" event (CYF) and they came and visited the college and did fun stuff all day. Hate to say it, but I hope they had fun, because someone needed to have fun for me.

It isn't good when you find yourself saying the following:
  • Why am I here?
  • I wonder if any of those old fashioned glazed donuts are still there
  • I think I just ate all the old fashioned glazed donuts
  • Oh was that a person I just ran over?
  • Can we take a break yet?
  • Is 40 scoops of lemonade mix enough?
  • Is there anything in this lemonade mix to get me through this event?
  • If not isn't there some stashed away somewhere?
  • Are there still donuts left?

I think all of those ran through my head at some point during this event. And I didn't even have to do much of anything! Besides hand out the chips with my gloved hands. AFTER joking with my boss that we both looked like we were about to give protocology exams (might have been more fun? Well for one of us).

This week has been crazy with signs. No not the kind of God but the kind from like speed limit signs to gas station signs. Those are like God aren't they?
I was driving (too fast to take a picture, I tried) and saw the coolest sign at a gas station
"They told me to change the sign so I did" I laughed and laughed. I think I may have snorted a few times too! Also my dearest mother decided that Iona (a small city near Idaho Falls, with like 2 people living in it) had moved their street signs around to screw with peoples minds. Oh did I tell you there was a cop sitting by this "moved sign"? We had to drive past later that day to make sure that no signs had moved. She swore up and down and left and right that the signs had moved... Whatever she is on she is not sharing, that sounds like one wicked ride!

Did I just fail at pretending to be a druggie? What is the hip thing to say these days? "Hey man you got some stouffers? I need to get baked" Besides from just laughing at my own joke I am sure I got some kind of a response from you all too.

Well I think this blog is long enough, maybe something funny will happen today and I can write more about it. I am off to sit here and get paid to make sure this chair doesn't run away. Ah the life in the library!

Also I found this for your eating pleasure. Please let me know how it tastes

SPAM VEGGIE PITA POCKETS

1 cn SPAM Luncheon Meat, cubed
1 c Chopped broccoli
1 c Chopped cauliflower
1 Tomato, chopped
1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
1/3 c Chopped cucumber
1/3 c Finely chopped onion
1/2 c Italian salad dressing
4 Pita pocket breads, halved

STATE FAIR RECIPE Carol Green, Austin, MN.
In bowl, combine SPAM, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, carrot, cucumber, and onion. Toss with dressing. Cover and chill several hours. Spoon salad mixture into pocket bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment