Thursday, September 17, 2009

I think I need a chinese muppet

Today must be patrons that annoy the staff day. WE LOVE PEOPLE.. that don't annoy us and leave us alone. Typically most people do a fairly good job at the patron loving game and aren't usually a hassle, but today, oh today... Candy man is sitting reading his paper. This poor old man is hard to understand and he likes to get into deep conversations when you are: A. Trying to eat. B. Trying to help someone. and C. Doing your job. This man is lonely and just wants someone to talk to but his timing is less than great.

Then to add to the pot of cold stew here in
libraryland our most commonly talk about least favorite student and wife in classes shows up. Becoming least favorite student. And wife. Go fourth and create young spawns that will... well... annoy the socks off a panther I don't know. This guy is hard to understand because he is from South America, Cape something or other, I am surprised I don't know everything about this man. And wife. His wife is overly cheery and happy with this man who I want to stick a steak kni.... I mean give hugs and rainbows to. They are LDS and words like "potty mouth" and "he said GOSH but the OTHER word" generally make me giggle because we are not in kindergarten anymore this is college. The prof is going to say things like going to hell in a hand basket during a lecture. (taken from SOC 101 lecture) And you signed up for it... want to drop it? You should. And wife.

Now I have only been on the clock for a hour and a half and I have managed to deal with more patrons that I can't stand than I have had to all week. Which brings me to my conclusion thank god tomorrow is Friday and I only have to deal with the people for one more day. Can we hope they are semi-normal? And wife. Can I watch the "
Muppet's Christmas Carol" in the backroom and not see any appointments? Oh I fear I cannot because I know I have advising appointments tomorrow.

At least I won't have to dust my office again, that was hard work cleaning an office I share with 3 other people. And dozens of peers before me, who left their junk in the office because they don't think it's important. And wife.
Yeesh. Peer advising is LIFE people get with the program! Okay maybe not so much for you or the person after you but it's good to know what you want to do with your life. And wife. Be it grocery bagging, paint chip eating, or counseling.

Speaking of which tomorrow we need the Student Services office to do the "shopping cart" and the "
sprinkler".

Windex and shine and whatnot! And wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment