Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's been awhile...

I know I know, I am trying to sit down and do these blog things once a week or more but it just hasn't hit. Seems like every year I get the blogger block (creative huh?) and the witty sarcastic prose that I write here just don't write themselves like they ought to. So I go back and re-read my blogs and think to myself, "I am funny! What happened?" Totally not okay. (Not to mention the lack of comments, ahem, ahem) But anyways back to what I was thinking about saying... Today has been... well... one of those days... I know what you are thinking, "ARGH he is going to write another depressing blog about his life". Geez that makes my life sound like it sucks... It really doesn't... in fact life is pretty good I am not complaining.

However there are people within my said life that only show up for a blip but it makes me want to beat them over the head with... well... a piano. Lets start off shall we?

Today on the phone with someone:
Me: "Blah blah blah this is Taylor" (To protect others and me I have changed my title to blah blah blah)
Them: "When is your back-to-school night?"
Me: "Ummm I'm sorry I don't think I understand your question"
Them: "You know.. back-to-school night"
Me: "Umm still no clue"
Them: "When do summer classes start?"
Me: "May 16th and July 6" (I gave her the correct dates but I am not sure if these ones are right)
Them: "Nothing later?.... Okay thanks!" click...
*phone rings*
Me: "Blah blah blah this is Taylor" (To protect others and me I have changed my title to blah blah blah)
Them: "Yeah when is Fall back-to-school night?"
Me: "I'm sorry we don't do back-to-school nights"
Them: "When do fall classes start?"
Me: "August 23"
Them: "k thanks" click

Okay... First off... this is college... we don't have back-to-school nights... I tried to tell her that we have alternatives but she wouldn't listen, I don't honestly think she knew what she was talking about... in turn making me sound like I have no clue what I was talking about... Best thing I can say is... I tried lady, I really did...

When dealing in customer service you are bound to get a few people who you want to clobber with... a piano.. but you can't you can just smile and wave. Which is prolly better in the long run, less jail time and what not.

Then I have my new creep patron dude... I have NEVER seen this kid before... and he just kind of appeared out of nowhere whilst I was eating my meatloaf. I stand up and cover my mouth and ask him:
Me: "What can I help ya with" (common library greeting with smile.. unless I am eating then cover my mouth and ask.
Him: "Whatcha eating?"
Me: Stunned... "what am I eating... oh yeah meatloaf!"
Him: "is it good?" (by now I am thinking I should give him some because the way he is asking it's like I am eating quail or something)
Me: "yeah it's okay"
Him: "Oh I just need the math exams"
Me: "Okay here you go" (By now I don't bother to check them out to him I just want him gone.. I want my meatloaf!)
*copier breaks*
Me: "It's having a bad day, let try to copy it this way"
Him: "Oh man that's cool" (okay... stop thinking you want my job...... please...)
*copier still doesn't work*
Me: "Well I trust you enough to go to the other building with these and make copies" (Anything to make you go away?)
Him: "You want me to leave you my ID or something so you know I will come back?" (At this point you could leave me that lint in your pocket, steal my exams I just don't want to deal with you, you took interest in my dinner... like... a really large interest in my dinner..... like you wanted to go out with it kind of dinner...)
Me: "Nah I trust you"
Him: "Okay"
So it ended up he couldn't get his money back so he stayed and made a copy of a different exam instead... He isn't here anymore... and I did get to eat my dinner... Don't get me wrong he was a nice guy he just took a bit too much interest in my meatloaf. Next he would have wanted my yogurt.

In the end it turns out today has just kinda been... well.. weird... Maybe I should vlog or something... but it takes me so long to think up witty things that I should prolly just type them out anyways. Hopefully I will come back with more witty repartee soon!
It seems to me that this blogger.com blog is attracting strange commenters... that are in chinese or japense... I can't read them...

No comments:

Post a Comment